PM Narendra Modi, paid a State Visit to Bangladesh from 26 to 27 March 2021 to join the celebrations of the Golden Jubilee of the Independence of Bangladesh, the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and 50 years of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Bangladesh. The visit symbolised the partnership of half-a-century between India and Bangladesh that has strengthened, matured and evolved as a model for bilateral relations for the entire region.
We take you quickly through all the projects announced and bilateral documents signed and exchanged.
The following bilateral documents were signed and exchanged during the visit:
- MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Disaster Management, Resilience and Mitigation;
- MoU between Bangladesh National Cadet Corps (BNCC) and National Cadet Corps of India (INCC);
- MoU on Establishment of a Framework of Cooperation in the Area of Trade Remedial Measures between Bangladesh and India;
- Tripartite MoU on Supply of ICT Equipment, Courseware & Reference Books and Training for Bangladesh-Bharot Digital Service and Employment Training (BDSET) Centre;
- Tripartite MoU for Establishment of Sports Facilities at Rajshahi College Field and Surrounding Areas.
In a ceremonial event at the Prime Minister’s Office, the two Prime Ministers announced/ unveiled / inaugurated / the following:
- Release of India–Bangladesh Friendship Stamps to commemorate the 50th anniversary of establishment of bilateral diplomatic ties
- Foundation stone laying ceremony for a memorial in the honour of the Martyrs of the Indian Armed Forces who sacrificed their lives during Liberation War of 1971 at Ashuganj, Brahmanbaria.
- Foundation laying ceremony for Rooppur Power Evacuation Project of five packages (Amin Bazar – Kaliakoir, Rooppur – Dhaka, Rooppur – Gopalganj, Rooppur – Dhamrai, Rooppur – Bogra).
- Inauguration of 3 border haats – Nalikata (India) – Saydabad (Bangladesh); Ryngku (India) – Bagan Bari (Bangladesh) and Bholagunj (India) – Bholagunj (Bangladesh)
- Inauguration of Rabindra Bhawan faciliites in Kuthibari
- Inauguration of ‘Mitali Express’ – passenger train service on Dhaka-New Jalpaiguri-Dhaka route through Chilahati-Haldibari rail link;
- Announcement of linking the historic road between Mujibnagar and Nadia and naming it as Shadhinota Shorok
The Analysis (TA) is a research and communication group | Analyzing Law, Policy and Political Affairs of India. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org